Item: Jews' Free School, Bell Lane, Stepney: a Hebrew class reading
|description.abstract||"The Jews' Free School opened as a Talmud Torah at the Great Synagogue in 1732. Originally a charity school for fifteen poor orphan boys it grew to become the largest Jewish School in Britain. At the end of the nineteenth century the school roll peaked at 4,250; between 1880 and 1890 one third of all Anglo-Jewish children were educated there. The school is now called the J.F.S. Comprehensive. London Metropolitan Archives has extensive deposits of material from Anglo-Jewish organisations of local, national and international importance." From: photoLondon http://www.photolondon.org.uk/lma/lma_school.htm||en|
|publisher||London Metropolitan Archives||en|
|title||Jews' Free School, Bell Lane, Stepney: a Hebrew class reading||en|
|Appears in Collections:||Syllabi|
There is no mediation info available for this item.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
All items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.