Media Resources: General
Centers, Forums, and Projects on Religion,
Center for Religion and Media , New York University
Media, Culture and Meaning,
Center for Mass Media, University of Colorado
Explores the role of contemporary mass media in the storytelling and meaning-making practices that take place in peoples' everyday lives.
- Resource Center for Media, Religion and Culture
An interdisciplinary research team focused on the intersection of religious and media-related practices in the everyday lives of contemporary adults and their families and a clearinghouse for information regarding conferences, publications, research projects, and fellowships.
- Symbolism, Media and the Lifecourse project
Works that draw on data gathered for this project.
The Jewish Studies project, Ethics and Public Policy Center
Analyzes Jewish religious, social, and political life in the United States through seminars, conferences, and publications to promote a better understanding of such topics as relationship between American Jews and Israel , relations among the Jewish denominations, attitudes of Jews and Protestant evangelicals toward each other, and Jewish political behavior. http://www.eppc.org/programs/jewish/about/pageID.138,programID.
The Center for Jewish History
The CJH is made up of five Jewish organizations, each with its own library, archive, online resources, and exhibition program:
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
- Leo Baeck Institute
- American Jewish Historical Society
- American Sephardi Federation
- Yeshiva University Museum
- Jewish Women Archive
Dedicated to the history of Jewish women in North America through an online database of biographies, primary sources, exhibitions, and information on archival collections.
- Weisbard, Phyllis Holman.Annotated Bibliography and Guide to Archival Resources on the History of Jewish Women in America 1997, 2004. http://www.library.wisc.edu/libraries/WomensStudies/jewwom/jwmain.htm
- Contributions of Jewish Women to Music and of Women to Jewish Music
The very first webpages dedicated solely to Jewish women's contributions in music.
Library of Congress
- Yiddish Materials Documenting Artistic Expression
- American Memory Project
JewishGen: The Home of Jewish Genealogy
- JewishGen Shtetl Links
Aims to provide a place where anyone with an interest in a place where Jews have lived to commemorate that place, by means of an individual web page for that place with information, pictures, databases, and links.
- JewishGen Yizkor Book Project
Initiated in 1994, to create, digitize, and make available translations from memorial books about Jewish communities in Eastern and Central Europe, created by former residents and their hometown societies (landsmanshaftn), as a tribute to their former homes and the people who were murdered during the Holocaust.
U.S. National Archives and Record Administration
- Gellert, Charles Lawrence, comp. The Holocaust, Israel and the Jews: Motion Pictures in the National Archives. Washington , D.C. : National Archives and Records Administration, 1989. Inventory of newsreels and films in the NARA film collection relevant to the study of American Jewry, the Holocaust, and Israel .
- Jewish genealogical resources
All items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.